Launch of camping reservations in Saskatchewan
Campers can officially start reserving sites in Saskatchewan parks.
Reservations are open from Monday for seasonal campsites, from Tuesday until April 26, every evening, Camp-Easy and group campsites are also available for reservation.
Robin Campese of Saskatchewan Parks expects there will be a lot of demand for sites this year.
“We would ask people to do their research beforehand, so you might have to be flexible,” she said. “If you try a long weekend and it doesn’t work, you might have to try a weekend before or after.
“Being flexible is really important to get a place.”
New to the site this year include:
- Campsite Comparison — Compare up to three sites online to help you choose the site that best suits your needs;
- Campsite Favorites — Create a list of favorite sites that will be saved to your online account;
- Printable At-Home Entry – Speed up the check-in process when you arrive at the park by printing your own daily or weekly entry permit at home. Annual entry permits purchased online will be mailed the next day (a printable temporary pass is available and valid for three weeks from purchase);
- Improved Maps — In response to campers’ requests for better maps on the booking site last year, Geographic Information System maps were added to the site. Maps are based on geographic coordinates of campgrounds and amenities across the province;
- Four New Day Use Lodges — Reserveable for dates beginning in July at Blackstrap, Buffalo Pound, Echo Valley and Pike Lake Provincial Parks;
- New Pine Hill Campground at Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park — Can be booked for dates beginning in July;
- Six new Camp-Easy yurts — Available in various provincial parks with upgraded queen beds; and,
- Buffalo Pound Provincial Park Hammock Campground — The campground features a Weaver structure that can hold up to six hammocks.
In addition to the programs and special events planned for all 21 parks in 2022, Sask Parks will also offer theme days on weekends. More details are available here.