Level 3 Award in Business Endpoint Assessment – Online Course – FE News
This Level 3 course has been designed for those considering (or already delivering) a final assessment, or those preparing apprentices for it.
About this event
Do you plan to carry out a final evaluation in the future or to prepare apprentices for it? The final evaluation is different and presents important issues.
This Level 3 course will provide you with the basics to complete a final assessment in the future and help you get a head start. If you are preparing apprentices for the final program assessment, the course will give you a useful overview of what apprentices will face.
The SDN has helped many of the early EPAOs (and their teams of assessors) provide endpoint assessment today and get a cutting-edge look at what endpoint assessment looks like in practice.
This course is applicable to those operating in all industries. (We also offer in-house sector-specific/tailor-made courses for teams of assessors – email us for details)
Here is what the course covers:
- Understand the principles and practices of final assessment as part of a learning standard
- The Role and Responsibilities of a Final Evaluator
- The function of final assessment within a learning standard
- The requirements of learning standards and final assessments
- The difference between continuous assessments and final assessments
- Final assessment scoring requirements and differences between each grade
- Understand the different types and methods of endpoint assessment
- The different types and methods of final assessment that are part of the learning standards
- The strengths and limitations of a range of endpoint assessment types and methods
- Know how to schedule final assessments in accordance with the learning standard and assessment plan
- Key factors to consider when planning final evaluations.
- Risks that may be involved in carrying out final evaluations in one’s own area of responsibility
- Plan how to conduct final assessments according to the requirements of a learning standard and assessment plan
- Communicate planned endpoint assessments to relevant stakeholders
- Be able to make final valuation decisions
- Evaluate an apprentice’s work knowledge, skills and behaviors to meet final assessment requirements
- Recording of the final evaluation decision
- Justify final assessment and grading decisions in accordance with learning requirements.
- Follow procedures to maintain confidentiality of final evaluation information
- Comply with relevant policies, procedures and legislation when conducting, recording and reporting endpoint assessments
- Provide feedback on the final evaluation to stakeholders
- Understanding the quality assurance of the final evaluation process
- Quality assurance and standardization policies and procedures that apply to final evaluations
- Procedures to follow in the event of a dispute regarding final evaluation decisions
- Plan and document professional development opportunities relevant to own role
Course structure and dates
This is an e-learning course; the e-learning material will be sent to you four weeks before the first online evaluation session.
The course will start on Thursday, September 8, 2022 when the learning materials and e-learning portal login will be sent to you.
We will hold a one-hour session on Thursday September 8 10am-11am to give an introduction to the course. This participation is optional.
Assessment sessions will take place on line on:
When booking, you will select That is A, B, C or D as assessment sessions.**
A – Tuesday 11 and Tuesday 18 October (9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.)
B – Wednesday 12 & Wednesday 19 October (1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.)
C – Thursday 13 & Thursday 20 October (1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.)
D – Friday 14 & Friday 21 October (9h00-13h00)
** Please note the presence on both sessions is obligatory.
PLEASE NOTE: The e-learning material will be sent to you 4 weeks before the first online training and assessment session. You will be required to complete specific modules and assignments before attending the first assessment session. On this occasion, we are unable to transfer you to another assessment day if you do not complete the modules/assignments on time (this replaces the section “Delay in completing accredited courses or not attending the training day” of our terms and conditions)
Secure a spot by booking below
Only £295 +VAT – this includes all course administration, e-learning material, 2x online course assessment sessions, pre- and post-course material and certification (if successful). You will also get a discount on other related SDN webinars.
Who is this course for?
This is an e-learning course designed for those considering (or already conducting) a final assessment, or those preparing apprentices for it.
Course participants must be 18 years of age or older and proficient in literacy and numeracy. You should also have proven work experience in the industry in which you plan to conduct a final assessment.
If you hold a recognized teaching or assessment qualification, this would be desirable but not essential. A copy of your CV and a professional statement, certificates and ID will be required.
To participate in the course, you will need:
- a good internet connection
- headphones, in-ear headphones or a headset to eliminate background noise, you must be able to speak and listen to participate in the sessions
- a webcam, to enable us both to verify your identity and to enable the assessor to observe your activity and contribution (NB this is a mandatory requirement of Highfield the certification body to enable us to upload the evaluated component of the price)
This qualification is accredited by Highfield Qualifications, with whom SDN is an approved centre. If you successfully complete the course, you will receive a Level 3 endpoint assessment reward.
The course will be taught by Emily Hughes and Chris Cherry, SDN experts in curriculum-based learning training and final assessment. Our team has been heavily involved in developing new standards and assessment plans, as well as supporting many EPAOs and hundreds of individuals to prepare to deliver a final assessment.
Why a course by SDN?
SDN are leading experts in apprenticeship reforms and were the first registered center in the UK to be authorized to deliver the Level 3 Final Assessment Qualification. We have supported over 50 EPAOs and 1,000 learning service providers, to help them prepare to provide learning standards and final assessment. We’ve also worked closely with over 80 of the pioneering employer groups, giving us unique insight into what’s required.
Back to the most recent lesson:
“I absolutely loved the course and will recommend it to others.”
“The course was exceptional. Very high level training provided by highly experienced and credible practitioners »
“Essential course for anyone considering a career as a Final Evaluator”
To reduce prices, payment for the course must be made online by credit card (book below). If you are a public sector body (e.g. local authority) that is unable to book by card, please email us at: [email protected]
Terms and conditions (including refund policy)
Terms and conditions (including our refund policy) for SDN courses, events and webinars are available here. When you make a reservation, you accept these Terms and Conditions (including those requesting a reservation by e-mail and invoice)
For any questions or to request an invoice, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]