NetEase Unveils Latest Gaming Innovations at 2022 Annual Product Launch Event
Diablo® Immortal™ will hit the Chinese market June 23with more than 15 million players already pre-registered in China
Updates on hot titles including Harry Potter: Magic Awakened and NARAKA: BLADEPOINT
HANGZHOU, China, May 20, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — NetEase, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTES and HKEX: 9999, “NetEase” or the “Company”), one of China major internet service and online game providers, today announced content updates and future plans for more than 50 of its existing and in-development titles. Covering both PC and mobile games in a variety of genres for Chinese and global markets, these exciting demos and updates were unveiled at NetEase’s 2022 Annual Product Launch Event held on Friday, May 20, 2022.
With over 20 years of successful operations in China and a rapidly growing user base internationally in recent years, NetEase has set its sights on the global market and is rapidly expanding the distribution of its diverse and high-quality game portfolio to delight the gaming community in the whole world. Further strengthening its international R&D capabilities, NetEase has greatly intensified its efforts to work with leading game developers from different cultural backgrounds. Among its most recent global expansion initiatives, NetEase launched its first studio in the United States – Jackalope Games – and expanded its reach by Japan with the creation of the Nagoshi Studio in Tokyo earlier this year. Both studios are focused on bringing exciting NetEase games to major consoles.
Here are some highlights from the event:
- NetEase held overseas parallel sessions in English and Japanese for the second consecutive year, titled “NetEase Connect 2022”, inviting top game producers, Toshihiro Nagoshi and Goichi Sudato share plans for their new studios after joining NetEase.
- NetEase unveiled June 23 as the official release date of Diablo® Immortal™ in China. Showcasing an exciting launch trailer, players were transported to the Sanctuary battlefield where demons abound and only the brave survive. Pre-registration for Diablo® Immortal™ exceeded 15 million in China on all platforms.
- NetEase has announced plans for exciting new expansion packs, esports tournaments, IP crossovers and carnival events for its flagship titles Fantastic journey west, Journey West, Onmyoji series, Invincible, new ghost, life after, Justice and Harry Potter: Awakened magic.
- The company also introduced updates for several pipeline titles in domestic and foreign markets, including mobile versions of Justice and NARAKA: TIP OF THE BLADE, egg party (a casual game), Dead by Daylight Mobile – NetEase (a multiplayer action horror game), roar of war (a real-time strategy game), mission zero (a 2v4 competitive stealth game), tank company (a multiplayer online tank shooter), lost light (a survival shooter), long live football (a football simulation game), and ZOZ: Last hour (a tactical competitive game).
- NetEase has revealed plans to work with non-profit organizations to Minecraft to provide players with fun gaming experiences while promoting cultural and scientific learning.
About NetEase, Inc.
As a leading internet technology company based in China, NetEase, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTES and HKEX: 9999, “NetEase”) provides premium online services focused on innovative and diverse content, community, communication and commerce. NetEase develops and operates some of the China the most popular mobile and PC games. In recent years, NetEase has expanded into international markets, including Japan and North America. In addition to its in-house developed game content, NetEase partners with other leading game developers, such as Blizzard Entertainment and Mojang AB (a Microsoft subsidiary), to operate world-renowned games in China. NetEase’s other innovative service offerings include its majority-controlled subsidiaries Youdao (NYSE: DAO), China leader in intelligent learning, and Cloud Village (HKEX: 9899), also known as NetEase Cloud Music, China leading online music content community, as well as Yanxuan, NetEase’s own-brand e-commerce platform. For more information, please visit: http://ir.netease.com/.
This announcement contains forward-looking statements. These statements are made pursuant to the “safe harbor” provisions of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements may be identified by words such as “will”, “expect”, “aim” , “anticipates”, “future”, “intent”, “plans”, “believes”, “may”, “estimates”, “potential”, “continues”, “ongoing”, “goal”, “targets”, “guidance”, “commits”” and similar statements. Among other things, statements that are not historical facts, including statements about business plans and projections and statements about the launch of new games and their popularity among players in different markets, are or contain forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. A number of factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in the forward-looking statements. . All information contained in this announcement is as of the date of this announcement and is based on assumptions considered reasonable as of that date. You should not rely on these forward-looking statements as predictions of future events. The parties assume no obligation to update any forward-looking statements except as required by applicable law.
Contacts for NetEase
Tel: (+86) 571-8985-3378
Tel: (+86) 571-8985-2668