Yelp Launches New Features To Help Restaurants Better Manage Their Hospitality Operations |
Business review site and technology provider Yelp, which now has nearly 200 million business reviews worldwide (with hundreds of new restaurants and food delivery businesses opening each month), launched a new set of features and functionality for restaurateurs.
The first and most important of these is Yelp Guest Manager, which is being rolled out with “the goal of bringing Yelp for Restaurants products and features together into one comprehensive solution,” according to a company statement. Yelp Guest Manager includes new digital ordering and customer retention integrations, as well as new features designed to simplify front-of-house operations for take out and take out orders.
According to the company, Yelp Guest Manager will help restaurants manage all of their front-of-house operations throughout the dining experience with a fully integrated solution – bringing together the Yelp waitlist, reservations, kiosk, take-out, table management and online branding. in a single suite of offers.
Yelp Guest Manager combines Yelp’s high-intention restaurant network with a suite of solutions designed to simplify and streamline restaurant operations, from take-out and delivery orders to restaurant seats.
The new Yelp Guest Manager offers Yelp software solutions for the following restaurants:
- Reservations and Waiting List: Allows restaurants to easily integrate digital reservations and wait lists into their Yelp page and websites, giving diners the option to join the wait list from home (or elsewhere ), with precise seat hours and live status updates that help reduce no-shows and line abandonment for restaurants.
- Point of Sale and Table Management Features: Gives hosts and servers what they need for smooth front-of-house operations, including custom maps and sections, as well as integrations with points of sale and other systems.
- Takeout: Allows restaurants to add takeout orders, track them, and notify customers via text message when their food is ready to be picked up.
- Kiosk: Helps teams focus on hospitality by allowing diners to register on a digital waiting list upon arrival and receive automated wait times and SMS notifications with their status table. Available as an add-on to Yelp Guest Manager.
Yelp Facade Technology Recognized for Helping Many Restaurants Reduce Operational Loads during the pandemic, including supporting restaurants in adopting new food delivery methods such as take-out, delivery and sidewalk; provision of tools enabling restaurants to communicate directly with diners; and lighten the front-of-house workload to automate check-in, manage waiting lists and contact diners. The company said that in August 2021, it saw “a 69% increase in re-adoption of [its] front-of-house technology compared to August 2020. “
“Yelp Guest Manager helps us reduce in-room friction,” said Adam Porter, senior director of digital strategy, Snooze Eatery. “And that gives everyone greater peace of mind during Covid, ensuring that customers show up to dine at our restaurants at the right time, eliminating crowded waiting areas.”
By centralizing the management of takeout and delivery orders, customer communications and table flow, Yelp Guest Manager should help restaurants increase functionality and better manage the customer experience. According to the company, current Yelp waitlist customers will continue to have access to existing features through Yelp Guest Manager. Existing Yelp Reservations customers will be able to upgrade for free to access Yelp Guest Manager. Yelp Guest Manager would start at $ 249 with unlimited coverage.
To help restaurants encourage loyal customers, Yelp also announced an integration with Punchh, an industry-leading loyalty and engagement platform, allowing restaurants to deliver personalized loyalty programs through Yelp Guest Manager.
National and regional brands can now combine the power of Yelp Guest Manager with Punchh’s marketing services to receive rich dining data – including loyalty level, seating preferences, lifetime visits, date of birth and anniversary – allowing front desk staff to deliver a more personalized experience for loyal customers, in addition to more relevant and engaging promotions. According to the company, this Punchh restaurant data is only shared with Yelp Guest Manager customers when the customer agrees to share their data through the restaurant’s loyalty program.
As of September 1, 2021, the number of businesses that have adopted the attribute “take out offers” on Yelp has increased by almost 15% since June 2020, and the adoption of the attributes “delivery of offers” and “offers in curbside ‘has increased by nearly 50% and 550% respectively over the same period. As this trend continues and online orders increase, there is a growing need to simplify the management of multiple customer experiences. To seize this opportunity for national and regional restaurants, Yelp Guest Manager will now integrate with Olo, a leading on-demand commerce platform that powers digital ordering and delivery programs for the restaurant industry. .
The integration will automatically capture new orders placed on a restaurant’s website or app, if powered by Olo, directly into the Yelp Guest Manager app. According to the company, this allows restaurants that leverage Olo for their digital ordering experiences to manage all of their guests from a single iPad, thereby streamlining take-out, delivery and curbside operations. thus increasing efficiency.
Additionally, partner restaurants that are also Yelp Ads customers can now place a pixel (provided by Yelp) on their Olo ordering site, which helps measure and attribute the impact of ad spend on post-display conversions. and after click. This update is designed to help brands better quantify the impact of their Yelp investment and plan their ad spend even more effectively.
Yelp Launches New Yelp Guest Manager Features For Hosts And Managers That Support Restaurant Front Desk Operations, Including New Languages In Yelp Kiosk, Seat Reservation Conversion Analysis, Self-Service Settings for reservations and curbside pickup SMS.
- New languages: We’ve added 7 new languages to Yelp Kiosk, allowing even more customers to seamlessly add to the restaurant’s waitlist so front desk staff can focus on hospitality. The available languages are: English, Korean, Japanese, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Spanish, Filipino and Vietnamese.
- Conversion of reservation seats: Yelp Guest Manager will now allow restaurants to see what percentage of their reservations were actually seated in the Business Owner app. This information will allow restaurants to better measure the effectiveness of their reservation cancellation policies.
- Self-service reservation settings: This new feature will allow restaurants to adjust their
- ability to book directly in the business owner’s app. Hosts will now be able to change the minimum or maximum booking size, adjust the number of guests or parties accepted every 15 minutes, and edit pre-booking notes for guests without contacting the Yelp support team.
- Curbside SMS – Yelp Guest Manager will now give the host the ability to indicate when an order is curbside and automatically text the consumer with order updates. The confirmation text message asks guests to respond via text message upon arrival and provide details, such as the make and model of their car, to ensure that hosts have the information they need to efficiently manage and deliver trips. orders.
Yelp also introduced a new attribute of virtual restaurants, designed to make businesses easily identifiable by customers as delivery and / or take-out-only restaurants.
Finally, Yelp announced a new free shopping attribute that helps users identify virtual or delivery-only restaurants. “Our new attribute of virtual restaurants allows ghost kitchens, virtual restaurants and virtual food courts to easily identify themselves and their service areas to customers, thus eliminating customer confusion around their delivery experience,” a spokesperson for the company said. “For customers looking to dine at a restaurant, this designation also helps clarify that no seats are available and in some cases delivery is the only way to order food in the virtual kitchen.”